Personal & Commercial Font Licenses
My monochromatic fonts (the chromatic ones – Multicolore, Fattern, Tricolore and Cimero Pro – are free for both personal and commercial use) are covered by FFPU (Free For Personal Use) License. Why my fonts are free for personal use? Not only do I think that the best things in life are free, but also, even if you’re working on a commercial project, it is good to actually have the font installed on your computer so you can show the design to a client in its entirety. Having just bitmap previews on commercial font sites is often not enough as you may want to change colors and backgrounds, put some effects, etc.
That’s why you can download, install and use my fonts as you see fit. While it is not my main design passion I can keep making fonts because of donations for commercial use.
All fonts on DaFont, FontSpace, Fontm and many other sites will remain free for personal use. However, if you make revenue using them, you will require a license.
What is Personal Use?
- If you’re fond on making yourself a tee-shirt with a clever slogan on it and think it will look best set in one of my fonts – yes, feel free to use my fonts.
- You’re a student trying to get a nice resume or portfolio or CV, again – be my guest.
- You’re a DJ or musician and you want to make a nice cover for your mixtape or track that you are giving away for free on the internet
- You’re making a freely downloadable PDF, a tutorial of some kind – again, use my fonts as you see fit.
Also, I think it’s awesome to see your creations using one of my fonts, so if you want to show them off please mail them to me!
What is Commercial Use?
- business cards, logos, advertising, websites, mobile apps for companies
- t-shirts, books, apparel that will be sold for money
- flyers, posters for events that charge admission
- freelance graphic design work
- movies or others commercial videos
- anything that will generate direct or indirect income
How do I get a license for Commercial Use?
When people approach me with questions about how much it will cost to use it commercially, I usually leave it for them to decide – unless it is a big Hollywood production company or major record label (it is proven that especially these 2 types of companies rarely ask for licenses and carelessly use my fonts in their productions, including for example “Die Hard 5” movie.) I firmly believe that big businesses must pay more and I often grant free licenses to startups and small businesses.
So basically – it depends on the size of your projected use. In order for me to quote you accurately send me a message and I will get back to you with a solution.
Design Agencies or Freelance Designers
If you are needing a license for a client of yours, please contact me so we can discuss your client needs and I will get back to you ASAP. I will then issue a formal invoice and you will need to send me money over wire transfer to my bank account (I will provide bank account details)
If you like my fonts – the free ones and the personal-use only too – and want to send me some money as an act of kindness, I will greatly appreciate it 🙂 Click the button below – THANK YOU!